Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pranksters raise pranksters

I love a good prank and this prank was GOOD!

My brother leaves for work just about the same time the sun comes up. So, night before last, after he went to bed, his 17-year-old son, J and a few of J's buddies brought "Buffalo Billy" over and got him all sat up in the passenger seat of my brother's van.


Rumor has it Ol' Buffalo Billy startled my brother right good. My brother is a good sport and this is what he had to say about it:

"My first instinct was to protect the family. I dove head first into the van, couple quick chops to its neck to stun him, then drug him out in the yard where I could really go to work on him. Actually, he gave me a pretty good start. Doctor said the burns from the coffee I spilled on my hand should heal nicely with little to no scarring. I gotta admit, I got a little teary when I found out J**** was behind it. Makes a Dad proud to see his son pull one off like that!"
I couldn't agree with you more, bro...I couldn't agree with you more.
My daughter scared me the other day. I went to daycare to pick her up and she was in the bathroom. I hid against the wall and was going to scare her when she came out of the bathroom. Little did I know, she knew I was there and she was on the other side of the wall waiting to scare me. She poked her little head around the corner and very softly said, "Boo".
I almost wet my pants. I screamed out loud and did what I like to call my hallelujah dance--I fall to my knees with my arms waving in the air. I do this dance more than I care to admit, but on this particular day, I did the dance in front of about 30 elementary school children, half a dozen parents and teachers, including the childcare director--who was on the phone.
She got me GOOD! I was so proud.

4 comments:

sophanne said...

Bwah HA hA Ha-

If i were a member of the family, I would die of a heart attack, every. time.

5elementknitr said...

That's. Awesome! What great pranks! I love a good prank.

My husband's favorite is to put a rubber band over the spray thingy of our kitchen sink. Gets me every time.

Unknown said...

Buffalo in the car seat is genius! That would have scared the poo out of me!

Anonymous said...

Like Sophanne, I would not last long!

My son and husband like to scare each other. The boy got his dad once so well they still talk about it.

I just scream.