Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oh no she din-nt!

I home today with a new plumber. This one comes very highly recommended by a man that my husband has worked with for a dozen years. He just showed up a few minutes ago and I like him already.

So the plumber is down in the crawl space dinkering around with the hot water heater. I make myself comfortable on the couch and cozy up with my traveling scarf. As I start to knit, my needles keep snagging on the yarn...what the hell? I can't knit. The damn yarn keeps sticking--yes, sticking--to the bamboo needles. Upon closer inspection, it appears that someone--I assume it was a 6-and-three-quarters-year-old girl, but I'm just guessing--tried to "sharpen" my bamboo knitting needles with the pencil sharpener.

I'm not real sure how I feel about that yet. I must admit that I am ever so slightly amused. (Think eensy weensy teeny tiny amusement.)

Anyone else had their needles sharpened for them?

2 comments:

5elementknitr said...

Oh. my.

You can probably fix them by sanding them to your preferred point then rubbing with some candle wax to smooth out.

Yiiiiiikes......

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.

I can see the temptation, but no, The boy has steered clear of my needles, other than to use the long straights as 'under the couch clearers".

5 is right. Give them a sanding and then rub them. Even with your fingers should do the trick (natural oils and all that).