Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Recipe--YUM!

So, Udi the Sandwich maker is a bit of a legend around here. The guy makes the most incredible sandwiches--I personally think they are sprinkled with magic dust or crack cocaine or something. But ANYWAY...the Denver Post (with Udi's permission) published his recipe for Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette. It is to die for! I served it on a spinach and grilled salmon salad and since I was home, I licked my plate. Udi also recommends it over chicken and mango.

(Makes 6 cups)
2 cups frozen orange juice concentrate (do not dilute), thawed
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup (scant) sugar
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
2 1/2 cups canola oil
In blender, combine all ingredients expect for the oil; blend well. On lowest speed, slowly add the oil while blending to emulsify. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

2 comments:

5elementknitr said...

*drool*

Anonymous said...

I miss orange sauces ....

Can't eat them though.

Anything plate-licking good is a winner!!