Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Catch up

I found THIS on the outside of my office window today.


Crazy bug was 7 stories up and missing a leg! After I downloaded the picture, I found two months worth of snapshots on the camera--most of them had completely slipped my mind. Like this one...
We went to Fort Collins back in May to meet my sister-in-law. She and her husband were about to move from Wyoming to Tennessee, so we met them "half-way" at a city owned and operated park called "The Farm". Very very cool place...highly recommended. They have chickens, ducks, pigs, cows, horses, sheep, and goats. We spent $2 on a bag of oats and let my daughter feed the animals. She was petting one goat and a second one snuck up and ripped that bag of oats right out of her hand. Fortunately, she thought it was hilarious and laughed until her face turned blue.


I also found these pictures:

This year's Parker Country Festival was on Father's Day weekend. I think it was the 23 or 28th year and it just keeps getting better. They block of "downtown" and set up a carnival (rides, food, games, arts, crafts, beer, and bands). It is SO much fun. And this year, my daughter's girl scout troop was invited to participate in the parade. They were "Scouts on Scooters". What a blast. My daughter is the one sporting the "firecracker hat"!

What a nice surprise...finding all those pictures.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's probably how the bug got there. Someone threw him out!

That was $2 well spent I think!

5elementknitr said...

Love this town!

Anonymous said...

Victoria has a petting zoo at the famous Beacon Hill Park - full of delightfully mischievous goats. It was a favourite spot when we lived in the city.

Love that you found all those pictures.