Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Strings and Books

Howdy. Have you guys checked out Ruth's Massive DeStash yet? Do that, then come back.

And I am excited to be included in Sophanne's traveling scarf project. I'm almost ready to pass my first section along...Ain't it purdy?


I've been struggling with my summer reading. I grabbed a couple of NPR picks and wasn't impressed with either one. I couldn't even get through the first 30 pages of the first one (Too Close to the Sun). It is a biography of Denys Finch Hitton (the guy Robert Redford played in Out of Africa). The story was painfully slow. The second book from NPR's pick list was The Thin Place. I finished that one, but it was really weird. I'm still not even sure what the book was about.

I've been thinking about reacquainting myself with some classic Greek mythology. I put a hold on a book from my local library and stopped in last night to pick it up. It was a kids book. I was in a terrible hurry, so I ditched the kid book and grabbed Homer's Iliad instead. Holy crap. What the hell was I thinking? I'll be lucky if I make it through the introduction!! Maybe that kid book wasn't such a bad idea after all.

What are you reading? Got any good suggestions for me?

3 comments:

Kim said...

Purty Traveling scarf. I should be receiving my first sectionint he mail next week. This is going to be fun! I am reading a kick ass book by Alice Sebold, author of "Lovely Bones" and "Lucky." BTW, those books are excellent too. The book I am reading now is called "The Almost Moon." Excellent. The story just sucks you in.

Unknown said...

Julia Child- My Life in France. It's a memoir of her time in France after the war. And he she learned to cook. Pretty good so far!

5elementknitr said...

Thanks for linking to me!

Scarf looks great, can't wait to get it....