Monday, November 26, 2007

Hair

I found another gray hair today. I have had one for several years. Just one. But then today, I found a second one and it’s flippin’ beautiful. I noticed it while I was washing my hands in the bathroom. I leaned forward a bit and kind of turned my head from side to side real slow, “Is that a gray hair?” I asked. I finished my hands and reached up to touch the hair. It’s a tad courser then the rest and it sparkles. It is almost beautiful enough to make me stop coloring my hair. My natural hair color is mouse brown and it always looks like it needs to be washed, so I lighten it to “medium golden blond”.

Speaking of hair…let me ask you this, why don’t we all just shave our heads and wear wigs? I’m serious. I have been really putting some thought into it and I’m going to start pricing wigs. My husband thinks it is the same as asking a dentist to pull all your teeth so you can get dentures. But he’s wrong. First of all, there is no pain involved in shaving your head. And the benefits of a wig, I think, far outweigh the benefits of false teeth. And the expense of false teeth…I imagine you could buy dozens of wigs for the cost of just pulling your old teeth, never mind how much it costs for the new ones!

So what do you say girls? Who's with me?

2 comments:

Olga said...

Thats what people did for centuries before good hygene took over.

5elementknitr said...

I hear wigs are really itchy...