Monday, May 19, 2008

P is for Piss on the Alphabet!

I am SO over this alphabet crap.

Last weekend (May 9 to be exact) I went with my daughter's Brownie Scout troop to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs. It was VERY cool. They let you feed the giraffes. No shit--check it out...
My daughter is in the green sweatshirt. She's laughing so hard because the giraffes kept sticking their tongues out. Those tongues are SO long...and dripping slobber. Yuck!

How cool is that? These two shots were taken inside at night. The outside display is huge and has this elevated bridge so you can walk through the enclosure. The giraffes walk right up to you and let you pet them. It is SO SO SO cool. If you ever find yourself in the neighborhood, remember--Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs. Don't forget your camera.

What else...Oh--Mother's Day. My daughter was super excited to fix me frozen waffles, a bowl of Cheerios, and fresh squeezed OJ for breakfast. She fixed the whole meal all by herself (I cut the oranges in half so she could squeeze them)--even poured the milk. It was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. She also presented me with a hand painted pot holder. It was the perfect gift from the perfect child on a perfect day.

That's all I have for today. Except that Ruth tagged me.

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was doing administrative work as a permanent employee of a temporary staffing agency, living in sin with my boyfriend (now husband) and his (then) 10-year-old son.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
Write the strengths and recommendations for the PIPs section of a technical report, post this blog, cook dinner, finish potting my flowers, put daughter to bed.

3) Snacks I enjoy:
almond stuffed dried apricots and wasabi peas, but as I write this, I'm munching on a bag of cherries.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Host an expense paid family reunion on a Caribbean island (I have a HUGE family and it would cost damn-near a billion dollars to pull it off!)

5) Places I have lived:
Charlotte, NC; Fort Worth, TX; Huston, TX; Gastonia, NC; Wilmington, NC; Aurora, CO; Englewood, CO; and Parker, CO

6) Jobs I have had:
Target, fabric/craft store, waitress, bartender, receptionist, admin assistant

7) 6 peeps I wanna know more about:
I don’t know very many bloggers and most of those I do know have already participated, so I extend an invite to anyone else who wants to play.

4 comments:

sophanne said...

Your P and my P are the same! I continue with the alphabet but must confess that my first post read "A is for Knit night" (not sure it qualifies as a real alphabet post) and there are posts between A and B (the time it took me to realize that I could do alphabet posts and they didn't have to be as awesome as Ruths!)

5elementknitr said...

Awwww, sophanne, you're sweet!

P is for Petting? Petting giraffes?

That is so cool!

Unknown said...

Petting giraffes! What a great idea. Are they soft? Or do they have that wiry hair?

Anonymous said...

Those giraffes are amazing, what a neat experience!

I may do that meme at some point ... we shall see ...