Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Newton's Law

Newton's third law of motion states: "To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." I find this statement proves true every time its tested. And it is curiously similar to the law of karma, yes?

All this nonsense has to do with the fact that I got a new bra. And may I say, "Holy crap...I feel like a new woman!" I'm walking taller and I feel beautiful. But I can't smile.

Same day I get my new bra (yesterday), I get a piece of lettuce stuck under my gum. Of course it's a piece of red-tipped lettuce and it's the red tip that got stuck. I tried to dig it out last night and managed only to push it down deeper. I mean to tell you that I have never seen anything like this in my life. This lettuce is WAY under my gum...front and center (of course). It looks disgusting and it's starting to swell. I'm afraid I'll need some DDS intervention on this one.

Today is my eight year wedding anniversary. We aren't exchanging gifts this year because we've booked a Disney World vacation for August. I know that it's sweltering hot and miserable, but with my daughter on year-round school, our options were limited. AND we'll be there for my daughter's 7th birthday. I'm so excited I can't stand it. We leave in 52 days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear more about the year-round schooling and what you think of it. We still do the traditional Sept to June up here.

OK, that lettuce sounds awful!

And Happy Anniversary!!

Unknown said...

I hope that lettuce finds out who's boss before dental interventions are required!

Happy Anniversary! Disney World sounds wonderful!

Good Yarns said...

Have you tried a waterpick? I hear they are good for such things.
Have a great anniversary without any expensive gifts for now....and maybe it will be even better for it!