Thursday, October 25, 2007

Appliance Update

Yesterday afternoon was rather hectic. My daughter has religious education (RE) class on Wednesdays from 6 until 7:15, so we go straight from daycare to RE (I give her a snack to eat in the car). After I dropped her off, I swung by the house to pick up the credit card so I could go purchase the appliances before I had to be back to the church to pick my daughter up.

I think I told you earlier that Mark agreed to all three purchases. And dispite the fact the Home Depot guy swears that dishwasher installation is a two-beer job, my husband would rather pay Home Depot $50 to install it.

So I race from the church to the house to grab the credit card. I have one hour. As an afterthought I say, "Give me the tape measure, how big is that space?" Ugh...my choice chiller is two inches too tall. I just stood there with the saddest look of defeat on my face. That, my friends, jacked up everything.

The same man that less than 24 hours before refused to do the two-beer, three-connection dishwasher installation has offered to demo the kitchen cupboards to make room for the new refrigerator (can any man say no to a demolition job?).

So, do I go with the 18 cubic-foot refrigerator, or do I let Mark demo the kitchen cupboards to make room for the 22 cubic-foot refrigerator?

Every woman's life should be this hard.

2 comments:

5elementknitr said...

Remember my "free fridge but let's spend a grand on demoing the kitchen so it'll fit" story?

Olga said...

I dread the words"remodel" because it entails 3 years of misery, no matter what the job is. Please consister carefully...