Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas meme

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, Just copy this entire blog and paste into a new blog. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. If you play along leave me a comment and a link to your blog I'd love to see what you have to say!

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags?
wrapping paper
2. Real tree or artificial?
real tree (but Uberstrickenfrau has made me rethink this..who knows what will happen next year).
3. When do you put up the tree?
The first or second weekend in December.
4. When do you take down the tree?
Depends on how dry it is--First weekend in January.
5. Do you like Egg Nog?
Yup--with brandy or bourbon (not rum).
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I don't know that it was my favorite as much as it is the one I remember the best--it was a mermaid doll bath toy with a sponge lily pad.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes...two.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
It changes every year. Probably have to say my husband's parents.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My daughter
10. Weirdest Christmas gift you ever received? (I changed this--it used to say the "worst")
It's a tie between the swimsuit and ONE set of towels (1 bath, 1 hand, and 1 washcloth)
11. Mail or email Christmas Cards?
If you're going to do it, I vote snail mail, but I don't do it, so I don't feel qualified to vote.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Wonderful Life.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
January.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Probably, but I can't think of what it was.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Prime Rib.
16. Clear lights or coloured?
Coloured, hands down.
17. Favorite Christmas Song?
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by Bare Naked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan
18. Travel or stay home at Christmas?
Stay home!! (meaning in town)
19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer?
Yes. Side note: my husband argues that it's Donner, but I say it's Donder (German word for thunder). What do you think?
20. Angel or Star on the top of the tree?
Star
21. Open Christmas Eve or Morning?
Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The crowds!
23. What’s the corniest family tradition you do or miss doing?
All our family traditions are corny!
24. What’s the worst thing you’ve seen related to Christmas?
Hummm...this one has me stumped.
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees?
Homey trees.
26. Gingerbread or Sugar Cookies?
Gingerbread--gingerbread is more special.
27. Do you like fruitcake?
Oh yeah, baby--see "I've been tagged, number 2)

2 comments:

Olga said...

It's not my fault! It's not my fault! Eddie Albert makes me do it!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and I the Christmas Meme that I got from yarnhog. I gues she got it from you? Well thanks. Hope you had a great Christmas.