Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Gift Quandaries

I do my Christmas shopping year round. I’m flipping through a catalog and I see a token that is the most perfect gift ever for Sam I Am. I HAVE to buy this for Sam I Am, and I do. Rather than give it to Sam I Am right away, I save it for Christmas. Few weeks later I stumble across the cutest token of love that would be the PERFECT gift for Cinderella and Tom Thumb. And, “Oh My! 75% off at Happily Ever After—why for only a few dollars, I can add a little somethin-somethin to those tokens of love!”

Here’s where the quandary comes in…What about Mother Goose and Chicken Little? It’s December and I don’t have anything for Mother Goose OR Chicken Little. I can’t ship gifts to Cinderella, Tom Thumb, and Sam I Am and not send something for Mother Goose and Chicken Little. Now, I’m in a panic because I have to find a gift for Mother Goose and Chicken Little.

It happens to me EVERY year. I find myself unprepared and I end up making a forced purchase. I buy something just so I have something, and that is EXACTLY the way it comes across. I just don’t know anyway around it. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Olga said...

thats a toughie, gift cards? Nothing says it came from your heart like a cold, sterile gift card....food maybe? Thats what Jewish mothers give...