Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mixed emotions

I went to the doctor on Monday for a meds check. I gained even MORE weight. Holy crap...I'm THIRTY-FIVE pounds overweight. Needless to say, it was like getting punched in the gut. I have to get this under control. I'm chatting with the doctor and telling her that I AM exercising...30 minutes of hard core cardio 3-5 days a week. And I've been doing this for weeks! I would have been okay if she's told me that I didn't loose weight, but still gaining...that's not acceptable. I'm pissed.

Doctor tells me, "Start writing down everything you put in your mouth. You've got hidden calories in there somewhere." I'm heart broken because I'm sure it's the booze. I just did a quick looksie and guess what? A glass of red wine has 170 calories in it. That's more than a can of soda. Do you know how long I have to sweat to burn 170 calories? God help me. I looked up whiskey...it's only FIFTY calories! Hallelujah! God loves me and he wants me to be warm and fuzzy!

I'm not going to do anything about this until after the first of the year. I'm going to keep on with what I'm doing now, I'm just not going to start counting calories and fat and sodium, etc. until the holidays are over. And until then, I'll take comfort in knowing that I can drink my whisky guilt-free.

2 comments:

Olga said...

Yep- drinking that fire water is like eating a can of lard. In Jan. try not eating any white food, pasta rice, etc. and only do 'rainbow colored' food, sweet potatoes, whole wheat, etc. I do that and it really helps keep the 'middle age' spread from becoming the blob.
No extra charge for unasked for advice....

5elementknitr said...

Pass the bottle because I'm in the same boat!