Friday, February 22, 2008

Crabby

When working at my computer, my back is to my office door. This isn't my preferred arrangement, but the length of computer cables and the layout of my office pretty much dictates the arrangement for me.

So, I have a document I wrote up on my computer and I'm on the phone discussing edits with a woman from another office. My boss comes into my office and stands behind me. I turn to her and say, "Did you need me?" She say, "No." then proceeds to package a CD, tape it shut, and label it for mailing. She's standing there dinking with this stupid package for almost the entire conversation.

Why is she doing this at my desk? I didn't have any of the supplies she required in my office, she brought them all with her. She didn't even use my pen. She assumed she knew who I was talking to, but couldn't have been sure (I'm the one who answered the phone). My conversation had nothing to do with her and wouldn't have made sense to her even if she heard both sides of the conversation!

So why was she standing in my office while I was on the phone? Am I alone in thinking this was rude? Is there a way to tell your boss to get the hell out of your office without getting fired?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's rude!!

I can't stand people standing behind me when I'm working. Ugh.

Is this normal behaviour for the boss?

5elementknitr said...

This is a woman who clips toenails in your office and lets them fly where they may - without cleaning them up.

The CD thing, while rude and a little bit creepy, was mild by comparison.

I think she's lonely! Either way, she's R.U.D.E!

Olga said...

I think she was actually being passive agressive, and in her way micro-manageing you. I get all my jargon from Dilbert.