Friday, February 8, 2008

Reading

I just finished reading Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire. It is the first book by him that I've read and I LOVED it! For those of you who may not be familiar, the book is written from the point of view of one of Cinderella's stepsister. It is facinating to me on so many levels, but most notably, how the same story can take on a different meaning, depending on the point of view. After I read Confessions, I thought, "Well, of course! These stepsisters got screwed!"

It's a great story. I really enjoyed it. So much so, in fact, that I have reserved Maguire's first book, Wicked, from the library. Wicked is the life story of the Wicked Witch from the Wizzard of Oz. I can't wait.

Today is Friday and I'm thrilled! We are supposed to have some fantastic weather in Denver Metro this weekend...both days! I'm going to repot my plants and go on a bike ride with my daughter (and clean and do laundry and get my grocery shopping done, blah blah blah).

What are you doing (or what did you do, as the case may be)?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book titles, I'll have to check them out.

This week-end -- son has swimming lessons; cleaning and laundry; groceries; knitting gang Sunday afternoon. Weather is damp and dreary here, so we'll see how good a walk the dog gets. Maybe we'll hit the beach. We had company for a great dinner last dinner, so I guess that was our excitement for the week-end :)

5elementknitr said...

Glad you liked the book! I'm halfway through it...

Olga said...

You'll have to check out the movie they made from that book, it was a t.v movie and they made one from the book about Snow white he wrote, but the title excapes me just now....

Olga said...

Hey- Monday is Washingtons B-day...got your cookies ready?