Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Crunching Numbers

Work is crazy. I’ve been working on budgets and timelines. FIVE YEAR budgets and timelines. Do you know how hard that is? There are more assumptions than tasks!

It’s been four days, but I think I finished the timelines. Tomorrow, I revisit the budgets.

The good to come out of all of this crazy is that I’m having a great time writing proposals again. I used to write proposals for an engineering firm and I loved it! Let me clarify…I loved the work, but hated the hours. I used to work 8 until 6, pick up my daughter from daycare, go home, fix dinner, play, bathe, and put her to bed, then go back to work from 10 until 1. I’d be up at 6 am the next day and do it all over again. Yeah…the hours sucked.

So anyway, if we loose this contract, I’ll suggest that they allow me to write proposals from home. They only have one person doing marketing right now and she could really use some help. AND I could do it from home. AND I get to write things like, “Our team of professionals was hand-selected to best address your needs.” and “Our carefully monitored programs offer superior results.”

Speaking of needing some help…I am having trouble downloading pictures to post. I spent the weekend repotting plants and was all excited to show you the pictures. I downloaded them to my computer, but apparently I downloaded them as an album rather than individual shots. I’m still working on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The work I do brings me into close contact with people who write those sorts of sentences - nice people mostly, and definitely a certain skill.

5 year budgets? Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Good words.