Monday, February 25, 2008

Letter to My Daughter

Hi, Peanut Butter…it’s mom. Listen, I know I got really mad at you this weekend but I’m over it now. I’m not mad anymore…I promise…pinky promise…for reals! But I gotta know…please...please tell Mommy…how did you do it? And why did you do it? And why didn’t you stop when you saw the mess? What was going on in your little head? What were you thinking? I mean…the ENTIRE bottle of baby powder A-L-L over MY bedroom? You KNOW that my bedroom is my sanctuary. I worked an entire summer to make that room perfect. From the paint to the chest, to the fabulously regal bedding, it’s my special place. And you doused it in Johnson & Johnson Aloe Baby Powder.

Was it fun? Did it look cool when the “smoke” puffed out as you squeezed the bottle? Did it smell good? Did you drop it…3,278 times? Did you want to write your name in it? Did it feel good to roll around in it? I want to know why you did it. And how you did it! How did you get the powder so evenly distributed?

My fabulously expensive (for me) satin and velvet (looking) patchwork bedspread with the deep reds, golds, greens, and purples was covered with baby powder. The deep red velvet drapes turned white. The dressers, lamps, TV, floor, bench, all of it…covered with a light, white, dust.

I hope that you learned a lesson after having to clean the mess yourself. I hope you will remember how many toys you could have bought with the money I took from you to help pay for the dry cleaning.

I promise I’m not mad anymore. Just please tell me…was it fun?

3 comments:

Olga said...

Lord. Have. Mercy. Now I would of flipped out and died from the vein bursting in my skull. wow.

5elementknitr said...

Hell yeah it was fun mom! I would've asked you to join me but I've a feeling that might've been the snapped straw.

Love, PB

JK

What a drag! You're much better then I. Dry-cleaning. hmm. I would've just took her money and put it toward buying new stuff!

Anonymous said...

Oh! That leaves me speechless!

But hey - my friend's two kids cut up her couch once. With scissors. Apparently the younger one started, and when the older one saw him instead of calling Mom he joined in!!

Good on you for making her clean it up. But yeah, I'd want to know why and was it fun too :)