Monday, April 21, 2008

K is for...

I haven’t blogged in what…a week?!?! ‘cause I’m all hung up on this stupid alphabet. The obvious answer for K is knit, but I had just posted the picture of the hat I am working on, and sadly, I’m not much further along than I was when I took that picture. But as I’m typing my to-hell-with-the-alphabet post, I remember that Ruth signed us up for a sock knitting class I guess they’re going to teach us how to knit two socks at a time. This oughta be good seein’ as I don’t even know how to decrease or increase yet. That teacher’s go her work cut out for her!

Hell, I don’t even have yarn yet and I guess Monday is to yarn stores what Sunday is to liquor stores. I found that out last week after I made my daughter ride her bicycle to the yarn store with me BEFORE dinner. Have I mentioned that the yarn store (like everything else in Parker) is downhill…as in the way home is always UP hill. It took us 4 minutes to get there and 45 minutes to get home.

This little sock experiment is pretty symbolic of how I approach life. I have little fear of failure. I just set sail and figure it out as I go along. Sometimes my ship sinks, but mostly I manage to get myself to shore. Here’s hoping I make it to shore this time! Regardless of where my boat lands, I’ll have a great story to tell!

4 comments:

5elementknitr said...

Come over tonight and I'll show you increases and decreases! I'm glad I read this as I keep forgetting about that class!!

sophanne said...

If Ruth has your back, I believe you'll be fine.

I was wondering if after the alphabet-a-thon there could be a condensed vowel edition called
E-I-E-I-O

Anonymous said...

I can totally visualize that hill - 4 minutes down 45 minutes up. Brilliant!

Have fun at the sock class!

Olga said...

Ahh sockys- they are about the only think I knit lately. When I learned to knit them I HATED it, so fiddley to me, but now- I love the whole process and It's easy as pie-eating pie, not making it!