Tuesday, April 22, 2008

L is for LOOK!!!

IT'S A HAT! Hell yeah, I made it! My very first knitted hat eh-ver. Can you see the cables? Damn skippy I did cables! I'm lucky to still have both eyes. Isn't it lovely? I might burst with joy.

And since we're looking...I thought I'd throw out this picture taken earlier today from my office window. Remember when I said that if it weren't snowing, you could see the mountains? Told ya so.
And then there's my daughter high upon a mountain in Boulder a couple weeks ago.
We went on a hike with one of my sisters. It became apparent immediately that (1) My daughter is out of shape and (2) my sister doesn't have children. My daughter whined and cried the entire afternoon, "my legs hurt" and "I'm tired" and "can we rest?" The little thing is lucky her Auntie didn't throw her off the side of the mountain!

And by the way--it really wasn't cold enough to justify the winter parka. She insisted on wearing that coat, but would have been fine with wind breaker.

3 comments:

5elementknitr said...

The hat looks fanastic!

You beat me on finishing.

sophanne said...

Lovely cables and Look! You're halfway through the Lalphabet!

Anonymous said...

Nice hat!!