Thursday, April 3, 2008

H is for Humor

I don't think I could make it to lunch time without a bit of humor. One of my husband's most endearing qualities is his outstanding sense of humor. And my daughter is quite a card herself. So naturally we wanted to celebrate April Fools Day with couple of good, old fashioned pranks.



I wake my daughter up every weekday with a cup of warm pink (strawberry) milk. She drinks her milk while I sing the "Good morning to you" song. On April 1, I woke my daughter with a cup of warm BLUE milk. I guess it was a little too early in the morning, because she didn't think it was funny...Until I said, "APRIL FOOLS!" She immediately started plotting a prank on Daddy!



We put her 36-inch doll in her bed and fluffed the covers to make it look like it was my daughter, then she hid behind the bedroom door and called for Daddy to come cuddle with her. Daddy climbed into her bed and snuggled up to her doll, then said, "What...what the? Hey...this isn't...!" At which point, my daughter leaps from behind the bedroom door and screams, "APRIL FOOLS!"



Daddy is a really good sport.


But the most fun prank came later that night, my daughter helped me make "cupcakes" for dinner.These are meatloaf muffins with mashed potato frosting. Of course my husband new he wasn't eating a cupcake, but he totally played into it. I thought my daughter was going to wet her pants when she saw the look on his face after he took the first bite. She laughed so hard, I was afraid she'd choke! It was a good day.

Ruth is always really good for a laugh. She has this great big laugh, and she throws head back and just surrenders to it. It feels so good to laugh. I love to be with people who make me laugh.

I have a co-worker in the Phoenix office that calls me sometimes and just says, "Make me laugh." Within two or three minutes we'll both be hee-haw snort laughing. At the end of the conversation, as we wipe away tears and start to settle down, one of always says, "Damn...THAT was good exercise!"

5 comments:

5elementknitr said...

You make me laugh just as much and that's why I love hangin' out with you!

sophanne said...

That's it- I'm moving to Parker Colorado!

Anonymous said...

I have got to make your meatloaf cupcakes!! You guys had a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

the cupcakes are a riot!

Laughter is good for everything that ails one. Tonight was knit night - always great for a lot of laughter.

Olga said...

Me too Sophanne! You people have it happening there! I saw those recipes for prank food in Family Fun a few years ago and thought about doing that, but, my crabby lazy self took over.
I need some friends like you guys here!