Monday, March 31, 2008

G is for Giddy

What makes children giddy? Well, okay...there are thousands of things that can make children giddy. Spring was the answer I was looking for. Spring makes children giddy (and adults, too).

In my neighborhood, Spring is unofficially official when they flush the fire hydrants. Ruth's children came down to take part in the Spring ritual. Only those boys didn't know what was happening.

What's this lady doing?

Ewwww...

Hummm....
Not bad, I tell ya...not bad at all!

Hey...he's right...this is pretty cool!

Ya-HOOOO!!! I'm a kid and I can't feel the cold!

They opened the first hydrant at 7:30 AM. They didn't open this one until 2:00. My daughter changed her clothes FOUR times on Saturday.


And in case anyone is wondering, we pulled a bucket for each child and made them scoop the water onto the lawn.



Don't look at me like that...my husband and I helped.

3 comments:

sophanne said...

The only reason we would look at you "like that" is that you didn't give them 2 buckets! What do they think this is, a free ride?

Anonymous said...

Too funny.

Olga said...

Wow, they sure do that early there. if they did that here now, frozen streets!