Tuesday, March 18, 2008

C is for Chair

My husband is part facilities manager (part HR) at a very large, very lucrative engineering firm. That firm recently replaced ALL the chairs in the office with new, ergonomic, matching chairs. The old ones were up for grabs. Employees were invited to take them, then everything left over would be given to charity (this company gives so much stuff to charity--it is AWESOME).

So...hubby asks me if I think my daughter's school might be interested in some chairs. "I imagine they would...I'll ask!" And I did. I even sent a picture of the chairs to the principal and, "You want any of these?" A few days later he replies that he would very much like to have 4 of the chairs. Great...Honey...bring me 4 chairs!

Honey: Woops...um...er...chairs are gone.
Me: Excuse me?
Honey: I forgot that I told SuzieQ to get rid of the chairs and she found a charity that wanted them.

Son of a bitch. Now I have to go back to the principal and tell him no dice. It takes me 3 days to buck up enough courage to tell this guy the chairs are gone. I felt like a total boob, but I did it. I emailed yesterday and said there was a misunderstanding and I am sorry, but the chairs are gone.

My honey just called to say he has 4 chairs, does the school still want them.

3 comments:

Good Yarns said...

Go figure! Just when you think you know what's going on....it changes.

5elementknitr said...

I love that you waited three days and told them and the day after that....

more chairs!

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

that is totally how my days go sometimes :)