Monday, March 24, 2008

D is for Dork

Boy do I feel like a Dork. I gave blood today. It was great! I threw up AND passed out. I reckon I've given whole blood two dozen times in my life and I lived two years off the money I earned from giving plasma. I NEVER passed out OR threw up...until today. I don't know what happened. Maybe one of the 8 to 10 people in the room could tell you.

Speaking of sick...My daughter and I were out running around on Saturday. We stopped at the library to exchange some books and picked up a few craft books for children. One was about painting rocks and the other how to make friendship bracelets. The craft store is right across the street, so we stopped there next to buy some paint and embroidery floss.

We're in the check out line for 10 minutes when she decides she has to go to the bathroom NOW! And the bathroom is, of course, at the back of the store. The child locks herself in the stall, then starts wailing and crying, "PLEASE HELP ME!" I said, "Unlock the door." She says, "I CAN'T! HELP ME!!" After a desperate 10 second search of the bathroom, I'm convinced there is nothing there to save me from the inevitable. I turn the the mom next to me (who was wise enough to hold the door closed for her daughter) and say, "The things we do for our children." I then proceed to get down and belly crawl--across a public restroom floor--under the door. Now I have to burn the clothes I was wearing.

3 comments:

Olga said...

See, thats where having extra kids come in handy, I just make one of them do the dirty deeds. You need to carry a camera so you can post pics of your exciting blog moments!

sophanne said...

I'm looking forward to seeing some painted rocks and friendship bracelets- any mom that picks out those books and ALSO gets the stuff to make them- no way you can be a dork.

5elementknitr said...

I just puked a little in my mouth thinking about having your face close to that floor.