Wednesday, March 12, 2008

All hail DST!

I LOVE me some DST (daylight saving time). We switched our clocks on Sunday, so now, it’s light outside until after 7. My daughter and I agreed to celebrate with an after school/work bike ride/jog. She would ride her bike and I would jog. She gets exercise AND I get exercise. This is gonna be GREAT!

So, Monday night, I get home from work at 5:50. I race upstairs and change my clothes, then into the kitchen to get dinner started. I get my chicken in the oven and my potatoes on the stove. When I get back from my jog, dinner will be ready. I’m flippin’ brilliant!

I tell my husband, “The chicken is in the oven and the potatoes are on the stove. I set the timer for 15 minutes. When the timer goes off, turn on stove (to cook the potatoes) and reset the timer for 30 minutes. If I’m not home when the timer goes off the second time, take the chicken OUT of the oven and turn OFF the potatoes. I should be home in 30 minutes.”

My husband is actually an intelligent man and these are easy instructions. He’s happy that he gets to stay home and is eager to do whatever he needs to do so that I’ll leave him in peace. I’m bloody BRILLIANT! Fail-proof plan…right?

I get home 2 minutes before the timer goes off the second time. Chicken smells fantastic! Potatoes are stone cold. Dumb ass turned on the WRONG BURNER!

Reckon I oughtta come up with a Plan B.

1 comment:

Olga said...

See, right away I noticed you had more than one step and warning bells went off in my head- He's gonna mess up! He's gonna choke!