Thursday, March 20, 2008

C is for Crocus

I know I already did C, but I noticed this morning that my crocus aren't just coming up, by jolly, those rascals have BLOOMED! Good googly-moogly, Spring has Sprung! And just in time for Easter (which I should save for Sunday's post). It's dark and hard to see, but it was really early in the morning when I took this picture.


You're checking at my toadstools, aren't you. I saw that idea in a Family Fun Magazine (LOVE Family Fun) and had to have them! My neighbor cut down her dead aspen trees, I ran right over and asked if I could have them. I have some in my back yard, too.

Enough about the toadstools...we're here to talk about C. C is also for "Community". I organized my neighborhood's egg hunt last weekend. We had a great time. It took about 6 woman hours and close to two dozen shots to fill two THOUSAND eggs. Then it took another 8 children and 4 adults 30 minutes to distribute the eggs. We held those children back as long as we could. The whole thing was over within in 20 minutes of the word, "GO!"

"Short and sweet and plenty to go around." was the best comment I heard. It was a blast and I can't wait until next year.

C is also for "Camera" and I've learned how to use mine--Yippee!!



No comments: