Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bamboozled!

A couple nights ago, my daughter comes over to me and asks, “Do you want me to rub your feet?” “Hell yes I want you to rub my feet!” She rolls up her sleeves, takes off my slippers, and proceeds to rub my feet. After a few minutes she says, “Mom—this costs two quarters.” “I’ll give you two quarters, just keep rubbing.” Now, folks, this 6-year-old give a mean foot-rub. Seriously, she’s good! After about 5 minutes on each foot, she asks, “Do you want me to rub your shoulders?” Of course, I say, “Yes!” After a few minutes of this she says, “You need to lie down.” I don’t consider myself particularly savvy in the art of massage, but when your massage therapist (be her 6 or 60) tells you to lie down, lie down. My little girl starts gently pounding my back. It felt AWESOME!! Holy Crap! This kid is 6-years-old and she is giving me this kick-ass massage!

When it’s all over I say, “THAT was great! Instead of two quarters, I’m going to give you two DOLLARS!” She says to me, “No, Mom…your feet were two quarters. THAT cost FIVE dollars.”

Bamboozled by a first grader!

Meanwhile...I'm still working on those resolutions. Don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

5elementknitr said...

Like a mini-drug dealer! Gives you a taste and when you're hooked - BAM! Now it costs money!

She'll be a savvy business woman someday...

Olga said...

Another great way to have your kids rub your back is to sit in front of them and have them use their feet to rub your back, really dig their heels into the sore parts, feels great. I pay my kids with house and board.;o)