Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I got it!

I got it. It was a very unpleasant experience, but I got a brand-spanking new, fire engine red, 5-door (hatchback) Chevy Aveo. It's the cutest little thing you ever did see! I've only put 16 miles on it and I already love it. My daughter named it, "Lil Red" and she had her trademark finger prints smeared all over the back window before we even got off the lot.

It took THREE and a half OW-ERRRS (hours) to purchase this car. I went to the dealership straight from the office and didn't leave until 9 PM. I still can't decide if I was more hungry or more angry. This silly man was trying to sell me these extended warranties. I kept saying, "No thank you...Nope...No thanks…don't want it...NO warranties. I don't need it…No…Not interested…No." Finally I leaned across the desk and said, "It's a ten thousand dollar car…if it breaks, I'll throw it away and I'll buy a new one. I don't want your warranties. I'm hungry, I'm tired, and what I want, is to go HOME!"

Do any of these people recognize the irony in these warranties? I'm trying to buy a brand new car and you're asking me to pay for repairs "just in case" it breaks! It's a BRAND NEW CAR!!

I do have to say that I got a screaming good deal on the car. I had to fight like Braveheart to get it, but I got it! Those poor bastards made more money off my daughter with their stupid vending machines than they made off me buying that car!

The good news is that I won't have to go through that again for at least 3 years (that's when the warranty runs out and the car crumbles to dust).

1 comment:

5elementknitr said...

Congratulations! Does this mean you're driving us to PTO on Thursday?

Can't wait to see it...